Project: Camera Case

I have only gone out into the madness twice during Black Friday - one was a few years ago with my mom and sister to Joann's Fabrics (if it's craft crazy, I can handle it) and then this year, before my work day began. Walmart had a great deal on a Canon digital camera, and I bit the bait. It was a really great deal but it did not come with a case. I love the tutorial over at Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom for the easy quilted case, and it turned out pretty well. 


I was able to use up some of the scrap material left over from my holiday pillow covers and I used a towel I found in the boat. No longer do I keep batting around because I don't have space; the towel and fabric was pretty thick to sew through, so I put on the quilting foot so my sewing machine could make it's way through the multiple layers. If I made this again, I would make the little elastic shorter (my button had to be way down on case, not cute and in the middle of the front). But, I'm happy with the outcome, and it will keep this new camera safe while we are at or away from the dock. 






No comments:

Post a Comment