Recipe: Easy White Chicken Chili

It has not been a good chili season so far aboard our boat. I find that recipes just do not turn out well for me, however much my husband praises the dishes. Truth is, I think I'm a pickier eater than he being that he ate raw cookie dough for breakfast the other morning. "Why did you do that?" I asked. "Because I was hungry," he said.

Then, I found this white chicken chili from a super great blog, Gimme Some Oven. Using salsa verde for the kick, this was an easy and oh-so-good recipe that I'll be making many times this season. I used the two cans of white beans that I had on hand, and they were great (butter beans and navy beans). Suggested by my sister-in-law, the Archer Farms salsa verde (sold at Target) was a perfect fit with this chili. Leftovers were great over plain rice. Enjoy!

White Chicken Chili
Adapted from recipe at Gimme Some Oven 

Ingredients
2 cups chicken broth
4 cups cooked shredded chicken
2 (15-oz) cans white beans, drained (navy beans and butter beans did well)
3 cups salsa verde (rec. the Archer Farms brand at Target)
2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. cornstartch

1. Marinate chicken in 1 cup, or so, of salsa verde until ready to cook. Suggested, a few hours.

2. Bake marinated chicken at 350 degrees until internal temperature is 160 degrees. Approximately, 25-30 minutes.

3. Shread cooked chicken.

4. Add cornstartch to chicken broth and mix well.

5. Add chicken broth mix, chicken, beans, remaining salsa verde and cumin to a saucepan, and stir. Heat until the chili mixture boils and cover. Turn down heat and let simmer for at least five minutes.

6. Top with any desired toppings and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment